Saturday, July 9, 2011

Welcome Back

Well I am finally back to blogging again. My husband and I took 3 months leave, hitched up the caravan and headed to Western Australia. WA is the only state we haven't been to so we were very excited to finally be going there. We had the best time, so many highlights, particularly Coral Bay, Karajini National Park, the Bungle Bungles and so much more. We did over 18,000 kilometres so managed to see lots of this wonderful state.


Here are a couple of cards that I have used in my classes. I try to make one male card each class as I know this can be a challenge for some people.
This card uses the single stamp "Sail Away" from the Autumn Winter Mini Catalogue and the cardstock is Not Quite Navy with Crumb Cake which has been embossed with the Lattice embossing folder. The image is stamped in Stazon on Very Vanilla cardstock and has been coloured using a blender pen. Some hemp twine has been knotted and put under the label.


This is another single stamp from the mini catalogue - "Motorcycle". The base cardstock is Basic Grey and some patterned paper from Blueberry Crisp has been added. I like how the patterned paper looks a bit like tyre tracks. A piece of 1.6cm grosgrain ribbon has also been added. The motorcycle was stamped in Stazon on Very Vanilla cardstock and coloured with Night of Navy and Basic Black and then I went over the chrome bits on the bike with Platinum Shimmer Paint using a small paint brush and the painted bits with Frost White. This is then mounted on Sahara Sand and Night of Navy cardstock. The greeting has been stamped on Sahara Sand cardstock and cut out with the Modern Label Punch and I cut a second label out of Night of Navy, cut it in half and then stuck each piece behind the greeting label to look as if it is on a larger punch. A great way to get an extra use out of your punches.

I hope you like the cards.

Happy stamping
Roz

No comments: