Thursday, May 27, 2010

Convention & Special Offer

Wow, last weekend was the 2010 Stampin' Up! convention and what a fabulous time I had. Eight of my downlines and myself travelled to Sydney for the annual convention. We had a great time, except for being evacuated twice from our accommodation at Darling Harbour on Friday morning! First time was 1am and then again at 3am and we were on the 13th floor and had to walk down the stairs twice. It was such a sight to see everyone on the street in the pyjamas. Needless to say we were a tad tired during the sessions on Friday.

On Thursday night I attended the Manager's Reception which is for demonstrators titled Manager and above. Firstly we had a talk by Shelli Gardner, the CEO and Co-Owner of Stampin' Up! and then we had dessert and hot chocolate. The surprise was that the hot chocolate was served in lovely mugs that had the image from Share a Cup stamp on the mug.

When we left the reception we were presented with the mug (a nice new one, not the one we drank from) and inside the mug was the Share a Cup stamp. How generous is that! Here is a picture of our gift.

Friday and saturday was filled with demonstrations, business talks, yummy lunches and Prize Patrol. I was lucky enough to win a stamp set in Prize Patrol which is just like a lucky door prize. Two of my girls won as well. We also received two new stamp sets in our convention bag and we used them in the make and take session to make four projects. At the end of the sessions on Saturday, Shelli gave us all another free stamp set from the upcoming catalogue. I am overwhelmed by the generosity of Stampin' Up!

On the Saturday night it was the awards dinner. We walked in on a red carpet and there were lots of "papparazzi" taking our photos. The dinner was just delicious. I was lucky enough to receive an award for personal sales and you can see the lovely decorated bag below. Unfortunately I can't show you what I received as it is two stamp sets from the new Idea Book and Catalogue which comes out in September. You will just have to wait and see! I was also recognised on stage for reaching $100,000 in career sales and received a cash bonus.

We always find out at the Awards Night where the next convention will be held and for 2011 it is MELBOURNE! I am so excited to be going there. Another announcement was the destination for the 2011 Incentive Trip. Everything went quiet and then all these dancers came in and put on a peformance incorporating ladies and gents from the audience. It was so funny. We were so excited to hear that the next incentive trip is FIJI!!!!! I so want to go so will be trying very hard to qualify.

Another announcement was that from now until the end of July, there will be a 20% discount on the starter kit for new demonstrators. Usually $324, you can join now for just $259. There is well over $500 of product in the starter kit so this is a great offer. It is worth joining just to be able to go to convention! Seriously, you don't have to work the business, you can just join to satisfy your stamping addiction by purchasing your products at a discount. If you would like more information, just contact me and I will be happy to answer any question you have. I have a team of 26 and we get together monthly and I am always there to support you. Would love to hear from you if you are interested.

Well, I really need to finish unpacking so that is all for now.

Happy stamping

Roz

No comments: